Saturday, February 7, 2009

Heroes and hope

Our grandson had his first sleep-over last night which thrilled grand-mama to no end. He kept us going all day and late until the evening. He was up at 7.a.m. in a good mood and raring to start a new day!Such energy...and amazingly no tantrums. It maybe a proud grand parent boast but this child has an incredible vocabulary for twenty months. I only hope that grand-mama can keep up! He does bring endless joy.

I think I am slowly getting into blogging and hope to keep it regularly up dated. Maybe I will be brave and throw out some comments on world events of interests and start a debate. Nothing heavy but certainly something that brings understanding amongst people from diverse backgrounds..irrespective of race, creed or colour.

My heroes include amongst others my parents - for obvious reasons and more. My wife...again for obvious reasons. Taking me on with all sorts of baggage you need to be someone special. I promised her that I would not write about her on my blog....not even in jest so I will say no more!! The children know why.

At the top of my other list of living heros is Nelson Mandela. I will , I think slowly add to this.

I want to also add President Obama as I believe he does have the makings of a great statesmen and that he will help make this a better world. The BUT is will he be able to stand up to those who are blinkered and only see what they want. So for the moment though President Omama is on the short list the sun continues to shine with hope in my big Florida blog!

To be continued.......
.

No comments:

Post a Comment